Duties of PC Room Supervisors
The PC Rooms of the Computer Center are run by PC Room Supervisors within the working hours. Outside the official working hours, the Student Lab Assistants perform the management of the Rooms. The staff is answerable to the User Support Group of Computer Center and must certainly abide by the following rules and regulations of Computer Center PC Rooms.
PC Room Supervisors and Student Lab Assistants:
- The PC Room Supervisors' main task is to provide the availability of the PC Rooms for the users within the scheduled working periods (other than the times allocated for PC maintenance, cleaning of the rooms etc.) as specified by Computer Center.
- The PC Room Supervisors must certainly abide by the Rules and Regulations of PC Rooms that are determined by Computer Center. The PC Room Supervisors should be careful and cautious about the fact that students are observing the CC regulations as well. Included in the tasks of the PC Room Supervisors are giving prudent and reasonable warnings to improper use of facilities and implementing the required penalties against the violation of the rules of PC Rooms.
- The PC Room Supervisors are responsible from the handling of a silent and convenient studying environment as well as the maintaining the continuity of such quality PC Room service for our users.
- Each PC Room Supervisor should behave politely, and they should establish a mutually respectful relationship with the users. The PC Room Supervisors should avoid being engaged with overt, verbal, gestural hostilities. In case of a disagreement or dispute with a user during the shift, The PC Room Supervisors should instantly inform the CC staff about the incident, if the incident happened during the working hours. If the incident did not happen during the working hours, the PC Room Supervisors should inform the information office of the dormitory about the matter.
- In case the lights go out, the PC Room Supervisors should inform the users that UPS may fail as well. The PC Room Supervisors should then shut down all the PCs within 5 minutes.
- In case of a fire, the first task of the PC Room Supervisors is to be ready to use the fire extinguishers that are available in PC Rooms and call the Office of the Watchman ("Nöbetçi Amirliği (Phone:2113,2114)").
- The PC Room Supervisors are to report the technical problems that arise during their shift to CC staff by using form for reporting technical problem ("Arıza Bildirim Formu"), which is available on the lab program.
- The PC Room Supervisors are to watch and take care of the registered movable items of the PC Rooms. In case of damage to any of the properties, the PC Room Supervisors must report it instantly to Computer Center.