How can I connect Windows mail to my METU mail address with IMAP?
- Click on start button of Windows and write "mail". Then click mail software of Windows.
- When you open the software, click on the symbol of three line which is located on the left upper corner of the screen.
- Click Accounts.
- On the left side click Add Account button.
- Choose the option of POP, IMAP.
After that, fill in the blanks correctly according your METU mail address information. When you finish click on Sign In button. Then close the windows by clicking Done.
Click on the mail address that you have added which is located on the little windows on the right side. Then click on change settings.
Click the option which is Change mailbox sync settings.
At the bottom of the windows, click on Advanced mailbox settings.
Change incoming email server as imap.metu.edu.tr:993 and outgoing email server as smtp.metu.edu.tr:587. All the options below must be selected.
- Click Done button, then click Save button.