Why would the CC restrict an IP access?
In accordance with Information Technology Resources Usage memorandum released on 24 March 2004, the CC restricts IP access of a computer connected to the METU campus backbone network when reasons like virus detection etc. are encountered.
The CC restricts IP access for three main reasons, mentioned below:
- By the requisition of the Unit Computer Coordinator's statement of reason
- Upon encountering virus activity
- Upon carrying out an unauthorized process
- Being observed as a Spam e-mail source
- Observing an unauthorized change of IP address