SPSS is a predictive analytics software that provides statistical analysis/reporting, predictive modeling, data mining, decision management/deployment, and big data.
SPSS is compatible with older versions and runs the files which are created with older versions.
SPSS can be installed by downloading the windows.iso file at http://software.cc.metu.edu.tr and following the steps below:
Step 1: Open the installation file you downloaded.
Step 2: Start the installation by following the path Windows > Setup.exe.
Step 3: Select "Install IBM SPSS Statistics 25".
Step 4: Press "Next" button to continue.
Step 5: Accept the license agreement and press "Next".
Step 6: Press "Next" button to continue.
Step 7: Accept the license agreement and press "Next".
Step 8: Accept the license agreement and press "Next".
Step 9: Press "Next" button to continue.
Step 10: Press "Install" button to continue.
Step 11: Wait for a while during installation.
Step 12: Installation is complete. Press the "Finish" button and close all open windows.
Step 14: Press "Next" button to continue.
Step 15: Select "Concurrent user license" and press "Next" button.
Step 16: Write "spss.cc.metu.edu.tr" in the Lİcense Manager name or Server IP Address textbox and press "Next".
Step 17: Press the "Finish" button to complete the installation.
Step 18: Run "IBM SPSS Statistics" from Start menu.
1- Due to the license agreement and the technical requirements of the renewed license; when the SPSS software is upgraded to a higher version, users should also install the newest version. Older versions can not be used after the upgrade. Date of the license renewals is declared via campus-wide announcements and users are recommended to follow those announcements.
2- SPSS can only be used at METU Campus Network because of the network license manager system in order to comply with the license agreement specifications.
3- For Windows operating systems:
- Location of the spssprod.inf is in the same folder, open this file with Notepad.
- Find the line starting with DaemonHost and correct it as follows: DaemonHost=spss.cc.metu.edu.tr
4- For MacOS operating systems:
- Select Application>IBM>SPSS>Statistics>(25)
- Hold Control whilst clicking on SPSSStatistics.app
- Select Show Package Contents
- Select Contents>bin
- Locate the SPSSPROD.INF file and edit with TextEdit or similar.
- Locate the line: "DAEMONHOST=" and enter "spss.cc.metu.edu.tr" after "=".
- Adjust the value and save the file.
- Re-Start IBM SPSS Statistics
- You can get more detailed information at https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/428047