Important Note: Due to worldwide pandemic, IBM has extended the SPSS Statistics software subscription trial through June 15, 2020. In case you may need to use the software outside of the campus you can visit this link .
SPSS is a predictive analytics software that provides statistical analysis/reporting, predictive modeling, data mining, decision management/deployment, and big data.
SPSS is compatible with older versions and runs the files which are created with older versions.
SPSS can be installed by downloading the windows.iso file at http://software.cc.metu.edu.tr and following the steps below:
Step 1: Open the installation file you downloaded.
Step 2: Start the installation by following the path Windows > Setup.exe.
Step 3: Select "Install IBM SPSS Statistics 25".
Step 4: Press "Next" button to continue.
Step 5: Accept the license agreement and press "Next".
Step 6: Press "Next" button to continue.
Step 7: Accept the license agreement and press "Next".
Step 8: Accept the license agreement and press "Next".
Step 9: Press "Next" button to continue.
Step 10: Press "Install" button to continue.
Step 11: Wait for a while during installation.
Step 12: Installation is complete. Press the "Finish" button and close all open windows.
Step 14: Press "Next" button to continue.
Step 15: Select "Concurrent user license" and press "Next" button.
Step 16: Write "spss.cc.metu.edu.tr" in the Lİcense Manager name or Server IP Address textbox and press "Next".
Step 17: Press the "Finish" button to complete the installation.
Step 18: Run "IBM SPSS Statistics" from Start menu.
1- Due to the license agreement and the technical requirements of the renewed license; when the SPSS software is upgraded to a higher version, users should also install the newest version. Older versions can not be used after the upgrade. Date of the license renewals is declared via campus-wide announcements and users are recommended to follow those announcements.
2- SPSS can only be used at METU Campus Network because of the network license manager system in order to comply with the license agreement specifications.
3- For Windows operating systems:
- Location of the spssprod.inf is in the same folder, open this file with Notepad.
- Find the line starting with DaemonHost and correct it as follows: DaemonHost=spss.cc.metu.edu.tr
4- For MacOS operating systems:
- Select Application>IBM>SPSS>Statistics>(25)
- Hold Control whilst clicking on SPSSStatistics.app
- Select Show Package Contents
- Select Contents>bin
- Locate the SPSSPROD.INF file and edit with TextEdit or similar.
- Locate the line: "DAEMONHOST=" and enter "spss.cc.metu.edu.tr" after "=".
- Adjust the value and save the file.
- Re-Start IBM SPSS Statistics
- You can get more detailed information at https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/428047