I have problems installing VPN services, what can I do?
If you have installed Aruba VIA application but experience problems connecting to VPN service, please visit https://faq.cc.metu.edu.tr/faq/i-have-problems-vpn-services-what-can-i-do
If you have errors while installing Aruba VIA in Windows:
During our trials, in Windows 10 64 bit running Symantec Endpoint protection, even if the real-time protection is disabled, the VPN application and setup failed. With both Symantec and Aruba VPN uninstalled and then only Aruba VPN installed, VPN connection can be established)
- make sure that there are no devices with names VIA or Aruba under Device Manager / Network adapters. If there are any, delete them.
- check for Windows updates
- some software on your computer may be blocking the installer. Please make sure that there is no antivirus software on your computer (Symantec, Mcafee, Avast, etc.)
- start Windows in safe mode and then restart it in normal mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-i...)
- check the name of your PC. If there are any Turkish (or non-latin) characters, rename your PC. (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rename-your-windows-10-pc-75...)
- try installing again
If you still have problems installing the software, please run the installer from an administrative command prompt as Windows_4.0.0_64.msi /l*v log.txt (Windows_4.0.0_64.msi is the name of the installer file) and send us the log file along with the output of winver command.
If you have problems installing in Ubuntu 20.04:
Follow the following steps:
1. Download the installer from here.
2. Run the following from a command prompt, as root
# dpkg -i <file name>
(e.g. "dpkg -i via_4.0.0-2004190.Ubuntu16.04_amd64.deb" )