Total Views: 7584
What are the Required and Suggested Content Features for the Web Pages of Academic/Administrative Units and Student Clubs
- Required features
- Suggested features
- Suggested content structure for academic departments
- Suggested content structure for administrative departments
- Suggested content structure for student clubs
1. Required features
All department and club web pages should have the features mentioned below:
Main page and/or sub pages of Unit/Club web sites should provide contact information (at least an e-mail address and a telephone number if possible) for the people who wish to send their comments, suggestions or ask questions.
All pages should be checked and updated regularly (for instance, in order to remove out-of-date information and broken links). For those pages which are frequently updated, a "last update" date should be indicated.
- Department/club web pages are kept on web accounts which have limited quotas. In order to make efficient use of the account quota, the unnecessary files, which exist in the reserved space of web accounts, should be removed and the file sizes should be adapted for web usage. In order to provide accessibility, images, text, documents, etc. should be adapted for web environment (e.g., images should be optimized for web, big files should be compressed or font size of textual information should be chosen appropriately to make it legible.)
- It is advantageous to prepare the web documents by web editors and "Save as Web Page" option of MS Word program should not be preferred for this purpose. If it is really necessary, the file type to be created should be selected as "Filtered Web Page" and the generated source code should be cleaned up as much as possible (i.e. unnecessary tags should be removed.)
- If the web pages include any text or multimedia items provided from external sources, their sources (web page address, publication etc.) should be indicated.
- Web page content and design should be prepared in accordance with METU Information Technology Resources Use Policy.
- Both English and Turkish versions of the web page content should be prepared, if it addresses international users.
- Short information (such as the main features of the department that distinguishes it from other departments in other universities, ...)
- General information (department history, future plans and studies, facilities, ...)
- Programs (undergraduate/graduate curriculum, description of courses, courses offered, course schedule, ...)
- Department staff (information including name, title, address, phone, e-mail, research fields etc. for the department staff)
- Students (student lists, student groups, ...)
- Research (facilities, groups, projects, centers, studies at department, ...)
- Publications (books, journals, ...)
- Announcements (activities as seminars and conferences, public announcements, ...)
- References and Resources (i.e. FTP Site, web mirrors, links, ...)
- Mission and vision, short history
- Organization (sub-units, organization scheme, ..)
- Department staff (information including name, title, address, phone, e-mail etc. for the department staff)
- Services offered (detailed information about services, how the users can make use of these services, ...)
- Announcements (announcements about services, public announcements, ...)
- Mission and short history (reasons for the existence of the club, how it was established, ...)
- Activities (activities organized by the club or other related institutions, ...)
- Club members (organization scheme, working groups, ...)
- Announcements (activity announcements, public announcements, ...)
- Related links (similar clubs in other universities, related institutions, ...)